Recommended Maintenance Schedule
- Wipe monorail with a cloth after use.
Every 50 hours of use (weekly for institutional users)
- Clean and lubricate the chain with the oil provided (or 20w Motor Oil or 20W 3-in-1 oil).
- Check the socket screws used to install the front leg and framelock for tightness. Also check that each toe piece nut and bolt is tight.
- Check battery power on monitor.
Every 250 hours of use (monthly for institutional users)
- Inspect chain for stiff links. If thorough lubrication does not help the chain should be replaced.
- Inspect chain-handle connection for wear. If the hole has become elongated, or the U-bolt is worn halfway through, the entire connection should be replaced.
- Tighten the shockcord if the handle does not return all the way to the fan enclosure.
- Loosen or tighten the nuts on the Performance Monitor arm joints as necessary.
- Check for dust inside the flywheel with a torch. Vacuum if needed.
Approximately every 800 hours of use
- Replace the batteries in the Performance Monitor (PM2, PM2+, PM3, PM4, PM5). The PM2 and PM2+ use 2 x AA, the PM3 2 x D, the PM4 uses either the rechargable battery pack supplied or you can replace that with 2 x D batteries and the PM5 uses 2 x D cell batteries.
NOTE - The monitor is a sealed unit, do not take it apart. Any attempt to disassemble it will void your warranty. Contact Indoor Sport Services if you experience any problems with this part.
For more support for your Indoor Sport Services products please visit the Technical Support section.