Schools Case Studies
Colmer's School - A Specialist Sports & Science College
Date Added: Mon, 09 Feb 2009
What has Indoor Rowing done for Colmers School...Improved participation rates in extra curricular activities.
- Help improve pupils overall fitness levels as part of the curriculum programme.
- Improve confidence and self esteem with many pupils.
- Focussed some disaffected pupils channel their energy!
- Produce British Champions!
- Improve links with other schools and Universities (Birmingham and Loughborough)
- Forge links with water rowing establishments/ Eton/ GB coaches.
- Created a 'CLUB' ethos from Year 7 - 11
- Whole school rowing competitions as part of the Healthy School Status and Every Child Matters.
- We compete on the School and National circuit.
- KS4 qualifying as Junior Rowing Leaders.
- Overall become very successful in this sport.
Linda Wilcox, Director of Specialism
Colmers School - A Specialist Sports & Science College
Back to all Case Studies