Geolocated video sharing platform and software suite. All videos, shared on www.Kinomap.com, allow you to enjoy a row very quickly. This is a perfect rendering tool, with video, map, speed acceleration or altitude and also other data you may acquire.
- access to all Kinomap cycling, running and rowing videos posted by the community
- search by popularity, keyword, country, difficulty, duration, positive slope, and more
- 5 panels: video / map / elevation profile / description / complete dashboard
- view your instant power, speed, slope, distance, time, heart rate (if you have an ANT+ heart belt)
- prepare your selection on www.kinomap.com from your computer and find them in your favourites within the app
- displaying points of interest along the track
- easy setup in the equipment tab
- optimised for Airplay: if you have an Apple TV, transfer the video, the elevation profile and dashboard to your screen and maximise the space for the map
- some videos available in HD
- some videos display the heart rate of the movie maker (if shot with an iPhone)
- keep the history of your trainings to see your evolution and post your results on Facebook
Requires iOS 4.3 or later and compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Wahoo ANT+ receiver and an ANT+ sensor (cadence/speed/power for cycling, stride for running, ANT-FS for rowing)
- In-App subscription (otherwise, the video will stop after 5 minutes)
- Indoor Sport Services firmware version: PM4 v315 or SkiErg v707 are required
Kinomap, maker of the world’s first video-sharing platform offer synchronised video/map playback, and Kinomap Trainer for tablet and smartphone – a new app to enhance indoor training sessions on a treadmill, cycling or rowing machine. Offering synchronised video playback, the app enables users to view a pre-recorded, GPS-located outdoor route, measure their own performance and view their progress on an accompanying map. The new app is part of Kinomap’s video sharing platform that encourages contributors from around the world to share their favourite geolocated videos.
Indoor training can be a necessary but boring alternative to getting out on the road or water. Kinomap Trainer offers the next best thing. When training on a treadmill, cycling machine or rowing machine, the app provides access to all the videos posted by the community, including the Seine in Paris and the Tour de France’s Alpe D'Huez. During the workout, the tablet or smartphone screen displays up to five panels that include the video itself, a map displaying a moving icon showing the user’s position in either a terrain or satellite view, the elevation profile, description or the complete dashboard. The apps can also sync with Apple TV enabling the videos to be viewed on a larger screen.
Using Kinomap's increase motivation by synchronising your own performance with the video, using a PM4 and the Wahoo module to collect and wirelessly transfer data. This enables the smartphone or tablet to receive the rhythm, speed and stride power data being applied and compare it to the video. For example, the user must pedal at a resistance/rate to keep up with the moving icon. If there is a hill, the user must cycle faster to maintain the speed of the video. The video will pause or catch-up when a preset gap is reached if the user falls behind or races ahead.
Ideal for both amateurs and professionals, Kinomap Trainer offers a multiplayer mode. Up to four people can train on the same video at the same time, update leader boards, achieve group goals and discuss with each other using the vocal chat feature. In addition, training history can be stored and the results posted to Facebook to share with friends.
Kinomap Trainer and Maker
There are 2 versions of Kinomap to choose from: Kinomap Trainer and Kinomap Maker. Kinomap Trainer is a free application which allows you to access your own uploaded videos and a 5 minute preview of any other video, however to access full 3rd party videos there is a monthly £7.99 subscription fee.
Kinomap Maker is also free to download and allows you to record your own training videos and upload directly to kinomap.com from within the app where you and the kinomap community have access to them to use as your training partner.
Note: Apple, iTunes, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.