Firmware is the software that runs in your monitor. Updating your monitor means updating the firmware running in your PM3.
Current versioncheck which version of the PM firmware you are running and update if necessary.
Updating your firmware
- Download the Concept2 Utility program to your computer.
- Shut down any other PM applications (RowPro, for example) you have running.
- Connect your PM to your PC via the USB cable that came with your PM. Your computer may prompt you for information regarding the connection. Disconnect any other USB devices. See the Troubleshooting page if you have trouble with this step.
- Open the installer. The wizard will appear to guide you through the setup and installation.
- Wait for the update to finish. Do not disconnect the PM until you see the "Set Language" screen.
Why 2 Firmware Versions?
Versions 107 and lower are for monitors with the original microprocessor. The microprocessor used in the original PM3s was discontinued by the manufacturer. In order to use a different microprocessor, Indoor Sport Services needed to redesign the PM3. The redesign did not alter functionality between PM3s using different microprocessors but did require a new firmware version.
The first PM3s to use the new microprocessor were put into circulation in September of 2008. These PM3s were released with PM3 Firmware Version 303. If your PM3 Firmware Version is 303 or higher, the timeline that applies to your PM3 is Timeline for Firmware Versions 303-315. Otherwise, the list that applies to your PM3 is Timeline for Firmware Versions 107 and Lower. The firmware versions are not interchangeable. That is, Firmware Version 303-315 will not work on a PM3 with Firmware Version 107 and lower, and vice versa.
For further information please see the US Indoor Sport Services website.